Friday, October 25, 2019

Acorny Grateful


I am having a bit more fun with my new Unity Stamp Co stamps than I expected.  This giant acorn is so pretty, and right up my alley with a fall-themed card.  I also dug out an old favorite background stamp - Flannel Plaid.  It feels "fall-y" to me, especially with these colors.

I stamped that background with Pumpkin Pie ink on Pumpkin Pie card stock.  Tone-on-tone.  Love it!  Roughed up the edges with my fingernail, and then I inked the edges.  Mount that on a layer of Gray Granite, and then on to the Early Espresso card base.

I had a strip of Gray Granite laying around that was perfect size to emboss this "Grateful for you" greeting on.  Popped that up with Stampin' Dimensionals.



Then came the piece d' resistence.

I stamped the acorn on Very Vanilla Thick cardstock, with Early Espresso ink and then colored it in with Stampin' Blends markers.  Hand-cut that out, and tie some Linen Thread around the top.   Popped him up with some Stampin' Dimensionals too.  Finished off with some old Dots in a shade of brown.

I love the size of this acorn image!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Flannel Plaid, Warm & Cozy (Unity Stamp Co), Change Can Be Beautiful (Unity Stamp Co)
Ink: Early Espresso, Versamark
Paper:  Very Vanilla Thick, Pumpkin Pie, Gray Granite, Early Espresso
Other:  Stampin' Blends (all the browns, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive), Linen Thread, Neutrals Dots, Gilded Gold embossing powder (Brutus Monroe - it's got sparkles in it!).
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment