Sunday, September 15, 2019

Pumpkins - orange or white?

I loved this entire line of products when I saw it in the Holiday catalog, so I went ahead and got the entire Gather Together Suite.  It's a new concept that is being offered, and I liked everything included so I figured - why not.  It's one item number, and you get the stamp set, the dies (bundle discount is included in the suite price as well), the designer papers, the ribbon, and some wood elements.  You can still buy everything separately, or bundle the stamps and dies (for that 10% savings), but I knew I would use it all up, so it was a perfect choice for me.

I am really loving the colors in the Come to Gather designer series paper!  I pulled two of them for this card:  Pretty Peacock and Cajun Craze.

I wanted to showcase coloring directly on the dsp with the Stampin' Blends markers, so I picked one of the patterns that best met that need.  I loved the gingham on one side, and the white pumpkins on the other.   I really like that one side of every piece in this paper pack has a more generic design, suitable for plenty more than just fall cards.  There are stripes, dots, plaid, even wood! 

Here's a little tip for getting the designer series paper perfectly sized - start out with one piece the size you want to cover, and then just cut it in half.  Flip one piece over, and you've got both patterns to use.

Cajun Craze layer:  4" x 5 1/4".

DSP layer:  3 7/8" x 5 1/8" - then cut it right in half at 2 9/16"  (on MOST cutters - that's 2 1/2" plus one little mark, which is 1/16").

I colored in the pumpkins with the Cajun Craze and Bronze Stampin' Blends.  Then I swiped over all of the pumpkins with the Clear Wink of Stella pen.  All that extra shimmer is beautiful!

On the one I made at Stamp Club yesterday, we all decided to NOT color in the pumpkins.  I like it both ways!

Greeting was stamped on Crumb Cake, then punched out with the Story Label punch.  Then add some Gold Foil with the Sprig Punch behind it.

Tie a simple bow with the Cajun Craze Baker's Twine from the Come Together Ribbon Combo Pack, and stick it on with a glue dot.  Pop it up with Stampin' Dimensionals, and you're done!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Gather Together Suite
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Pretty Peacock, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Come to Gather designer series paper, Gold Foil
Other:  Story Label punch, Sprig Punch, Gather Together Ribbon bundle, Stampin Blends (Cajun Craze, Bronze), Clear Wink of Stella pen, glue dots, Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment