Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Happy Birthday to My Sister!

I found these cool papers at the Scrapbook Expo this summer - it's a pack from Carta Bella, called Tartan No. 1.  They're all plaid - straight on one side, and diagonal on the other.  I liked the diagonals in this shade of pink with black/dark grey.

It's a 4" x 6" card.  I was trying to get the most out of the 12" x 12" piece of plaid.   So I ended up with 1 envelope, and enough for (3) 4" x 6" card layers. 

I went with a Basic Grey card base.  Mount the pink plaid on some Whisper White.  The silver paper is some old vinyl-feeling silver paper.  It's not foil, and it's not glossy. 

I didn't have an exact match for the pink in this paper, so the closest I had was some Distress Oxide ink (from Tim Holtz) in Worn Lipstick.  I stamped the shoes in Black, and then smeared some ink on a clear block an used it to color in the shoes with an Aqua Painter.  I let it dry, and added more color - a few times.  The Distress Oxide inks look kind of chalky, so I stamped the shoes over again, to make it bolder.

Embossed the White circle, and mount everything with Tombow liquid glue, glue dots, and plenty of dimensionals.  Black Taffeta ribbon is tied around the plaid layer, before that is all mounted to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Finish off with some rhinestones, and some Glossy Black Nuvo drops.  I need to make those drops bigger - I haven't used that stuff very much.


On the inside of the card, I had one little bit of the plaid paper left, so I made a side-ways gift card holder.  Stamped some more greetings.


Happy Birthday Sis!  See you at dinner tonight....
 

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Epic Celebration, Everyday Expressions, Seriously Amazing (Paper Pumpkin August 2014)
Ink:  Black, Smoky Slate, Worn Lipstick (Distress Oxide, Tim Holtz)
Paper:  Basic Grey, Whisper White, Silver Metallic, Tartan No. 1 (Carta Bella, pink plaid)
Other:  Stitched Shapes dies, Layering Circles dies, Dot to Dot embossing folder, Happy Birthday die, 3/4" circle punch, 3/8" Basic Black Taffeta ribbon, Rhinestones, Glossy Black Nuvo Drops, Aqua Painter, Sticky Strip, Tombow liquid glue, Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment