Sunday, August 25, 2019

I Support Design Not Crime

Over in one of the Facebook Groups that I'm in - Stamp Junkies - there is an effort today to raise awareness about counterfeiters and their affect on the stamping community, and to show our support of all stamp companies.  #isupportdesignnotcrime  #weloveyourdesigns

From another member's post - "Support the stamp companies and small businesses that continue to create original designs for this craft community. Please do not support the Chinese counterfeiters who are slowly sucking the life out of this industry. Purchasing illegal copies on AliExpress, Wish and EBay hurts this community. These counterfeit goods are made of god knows what and the quality is sub par".

My post today shows off SEVERAL stamp companies, and the cards that I made using some leftover ink bits.  When I made my mom's birthday card - check it out here - I had a ink/pigment powder leftovers on my glass mat.  Yesterday, when I went to clean up, I thought - I can still use that!  So I sprayed my glass mat down with plenty of water, and dragged and dropped whatever scraps of paper (and a doily!) that I had laying around.  Let everything dry, and I got this pile.  

Lots of good pieces.  I decided to make a bunch of cards, using a bunch of different stamp companies products.  I stuck with Gorgeous Grape, Basic Black, and white for all of my cards.


I turned all of these great pieces into THESE amazing cards!  I will start with the top left and work my way around clock-wise, to give you a close-up of each, and any details.  Enjoy!


Starting with the top left card, is this adorable snowman from Penny Black.  I've seen cards over the years with Snowy, and I actually found him on Amazon last year for a few bucks.  Happy purchase!  This card is 5" x 5" square.  I stamped snowflakes from the Frozen Fractals set (Simon Says Stamp), all over the background.  Stamped off with some of them to make lighter.  Stamp the greeting from Festive Greetings (Sunny Studio), in black.  I stamped Snowy (Penny Black), colored him in, cut him out, and added some new Glittery Snow glitter (from Stampin Up, coming in the Holiday catalog).  Popped him up, and finished with some rhinestones.


Next up is the Seashells card.  This is a 3 1/2" x 5" card.  I stamped the seashells from Seaside Notions (Stampin' Up) on some of the drippings pieces directly, and cut out.  Then I sponged some Frost White Shimmer Paint over time of them, so they are REAL shimmery.  Embossed the background layer with the Corrugated embossing folder (Stampin' Up), and I glued that down with liquid glue.  The stitched rectangle is mounted on black, and then glued directly to the corrugated background.  Seashells are popped up with dimensionals.  Greeting from Itty Bitty Birthdays (Stampin' Up), is embossed, and has Black dimensionals on the ends. Finished with rhinestones.


Next, I have another 3 1/2" x 5" card that uses the Seaside Notions (Stampin' Up), and Itty Bitty Birthdays (Stampin' Up) sets.  This time, I used the Subtle embossing folder (Stampin' Up) for the background.  I did the same thing as the other seashells card.  Stamped the seahorse directly to a piece of my drippings bits, cut him out, sponged some Frost White Shimmer Paint on him, and popped him up with dimensionals.  Embossed the greeting, and finished with some rhinestones.


Coming down to the bottom middle card, I have a white background on white card base.  At this point, I only had the doily and a few scraps of the drippings papers left to work with.  I embossed the background with the Tin Tile folder (Stampin' Up), and the 2 1/2" circle with the Country Floral folder (Stampin' Up). The stitched circle is the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes dies (Stampin' Up).  Glue all those on to the card front.  Then I stamped the greeting from Butterfly Gala (Stampin' Up), and attached it with some dimensionals.  I had just enough scraps left to punch 3 butterflies with the Butterfly Duet punch (Stampin' Up).  Finished off with some rhinestones - I'm in a rhinestone mood lately!


Last, but not least, is probably my favorite card of the bunch.  I got this stamp at the Scrapbook Expo last summer, and have finally used it!  This was the first card that I made in this batch, because I chose the best looking piece for this sky.  The stamp is called Winters Night (Rubbernecker Stamps), and it's 2 stamps - the tree line, and the white dots/star.  I stamped the tree line first - several times to get it nice and dark.  Then I stamped the stars in Versamark, and embossed with white powder.  Finished off with rhinestones.  I left a greeting off, because (GASP), I didn't have anything in my stash that really grabbed me and I didn't want to ruin it.  So I left it plain.  I still love it!


I hope you've enjoyed the cards that I created with my inky leftovers.  Please support your favorite stamp companies, and not counterfeiters!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment