Thursday, August 29, 2019

A Paper Pumpkin Birthday Creation


WOW, right?!  I case'd this from another stamper, Jeanne Ciolli, so thank you Jeanne for a beautiful card to copy!  I (we) used several different stamp sets from the most recent Paper Pumpkin, as well as several from past kits. 

I used not only this month's stamp set, Gift of Fall, but also some of the die-cut leaves that came in the kit as well. 

I started out by stamping the thing that looks like balls on branches, in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla card stock.  I used Early Espresso because I knew I was going to color in with alcohol markers. 

Remember the Golden Rule of Ink & Markers, so you don't get any smearing:  Opposites attract.  Meaning, if you use a water-based ink, you use alcohol-based markers.  Conversely, if you use a solvent-based or hybrid ink, you use water-based markers.

So I stamped and colored that branch.  Maybe they're cotton?  I really have no idea.    Then I added some sprinkles in Crumb Cake and Blackberry Bliss.  Then stamped some feathers, and leaves in Crumb Cake.  Did a little stamping off with some to make them lighter.  "Sponged" some Crumb Cake in the bottom left corner.  When I say "sponged", in this case I really mean rubbed some ink with my finger tip because I was too lazy to get a dauber.  :)

Stamped the greeting, and stuck on some of the die-cuts with glue dots.  Finished off with some of the twine tied in a bow, and a few of the self-adhesive gold sequins that came in the Gift of Fall Paper Pumpkin kit.

Card base is Soft Suede, with a Blackberry Bliss layer. 

Happy birthday again to my friend Jamie!


Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Hey You, Gift of Fall (Paper Pumpkin), Blissful Bouquet (Paper Pumpkin), A Sara Thing (Paper Pumpkin), Hugs from Shelli (Paper Pumpkin
Ink:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Blackberry Bliss, Soft Suede
Other:  Twine/Linen Thread, self-adhesive Gold sequins, Stampin' Blends (Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Old Olive, Lovely Lipstick), Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment