Sunday, August 11, 2019

For my Mom


I made this card and gift tag for my mom.  The cat and "mom" comes from a Simon Says Stamp set, For All Moms.  It's got a bunch of Mother's Day images.  She likes purple, and I had a bit of this Gingham Gala designer series paper left in Highland Heather, so that worked out.

Color in the cat with Stampin' Blends (Smoky Slate, Basic Black, and Flirty Flamingo).  After I colored him in, I cut out with one of the Stitched Rectangle dies, and mounted on some more Highland Heather.

The greeting is cut out with the Everyday Label punch, and popped up.  Finished off with some kind-of-matching purple sequins.

I hung this tag on a polka dot kraft gift bag that I got from Michael's - the ones that come 13 to a pack.  I keep those on hand.


I started out with a 2" x 4" piece of Highland Heather card stock that I punched with the new Delightful Tag Topper punch.  I like it!  i added a large scallop of Crumb Cake that I had laying around, and a 2 1/4" circle of Whisper White.

I also punched the Cat out of Highland Heather, and then embossed him with the Lace 3-D embossing folder.  "for you" came from a retired set, So Happy For You - that's actually the name of the set too.  I put a post-it note over to of the "so happy" when I inked it up.

Finished off the tag with some Itty Bitty Backgrounds sprinkled on the tag, and some purple polka dot ribbon that I had. 

So the card and tag don't EXACTLY match, but the are similar themes.  I hope you like them!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: For All Moms (Simon Says Stamp), Especially for You, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, So Happy for You
Ink:  Tuxedo Black, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape
Paper:  Highland Heather, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Gingham Gala designer series paper
Other:  Layering Circles dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, 2 1/4" circle punch, Cat punch, Everyday Label punch, Delightful Tag Topper punch, Lace 3-D embossing folder, Stampin' Blends (Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo), purple polka dot ribbon, purple sequins, Tombow liquid glue, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals.
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment