Sunday, August 4, 2019

Amazing Lighthouse


I gave this card to my brother-in-law for his recent birthday.  He's not particularly nautical, but I didn't have anything with cars, so this was it. 

I am disappointed in my photography skills, yet again.  I embossed the Balmy Blue layer with the new High Seas embossing folder, but it's not showing up in the picture.  :(  I glued that onto a layer of Crumb Cake, and then wrapped Night of Navy Baker's Twine around the whole thing several times.  Use Sticky Strip to attach that to the Night of Navy card base.

Cut the Stitched Nested Labels dies out of Crumb Cake card stock first, then use the Stamparatus to position stamping of the words.  Normally, I would stamp first, then die-cut - but this time, I wanted to cut that right side off, so I needed to know how far over to stamp the words.  I used the Everything Amazing stamps for the greeting, and stamped it as far over to the left as I could.  

I used Soft Suede and Night of Navy to stamp the lighthouse, from the High Tide stamps.  Hand-cut that.  Lighthouse and greeting banner are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Finished it off with few Neutral Candy Dots, which are sadly retired....but you could use pearls that you color with Stampin' Blends (or any alcohol markers like Copic or Sharpies).

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Everything Amazing, High Tide
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Night of Navy
Paper:  Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue, Very Vanilla
Other:  Stitched Nested Labels dies, High Seas embossing folder, Night of Navy Baker's Twine, Neutral Candy Dots, Sticky Strip, Tombow Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment