Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Wild Rose Co-Worker Gift Set

One of my favorite co-workers is going to a different job, so I made her this gift for her new desk.  It's a 5" x 7' frame.  There is a lot of dimension to the front of this, so the glass is behind the paper - so nothing gets smashed.

I used the To a Wild Rose bundle (stamps and dies) to make the framed art, card, and tag.  I stamped and cut out 6 flowers, and 6 leaf clusters.  I did 3 flowers with Daffodil Delight ink (both flower layers - it's a 2-step stamp), and 3 flowers with Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie.  The leaves are all done with Lemon Lime Twist, and Granny Apple Green...you can't tell much difference when they are stamped together like this.  After I die-cut everything, I put the frame together first.

I cut out a piece of Whisper White card stock with the Stitched Nested Label dies, and then stamped You Will do Amazing Things, using the Everything Amazing stamp set.  Cut one of the pointy ends off so I was just left with a banner.  I added some Daffodil Delight Seam Binding around the whole paper piece, then attached the Amazing things banner with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I filled in with the flowers.  Some are glued straight down, and some are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I had two flowers left - 1 orange, and 1 yellow.  I decided to use the Daffodil Delight on the card.  I went with a Smoky Slate card base, then a layer of Daffodil Delight.  This wood-panel patterned paper is the ONLY piece I had of this, remaining in my stash.  I bought several sheets at a crop years ago, and I don't even know what brand it is.

I stamped the Blessed to know you on a strip of Whisper White, and use the Banner Triple punch to flag the end of it.  Pop the flower up, and finish off with a few rhinestones.


The tag.  Since I had the orange flower left, I started off with a Pumpkin Pie base.  Layer with cutting Daffodil Delight with the largest circle in the Stitched Shapes dies.  Add on the next size down in Whisper White, using the Layering Circles dies.  Pop the remaining orange flower on top with some more Stampin' Dimensionals.  I stamped a little strip with her name on it, using the retired Labeler Alphabet set.  I also ran a Clear Wink of Stella p[en all over the flower and leaves for some shimmer (that, of course, is not showing up in my picture) AND...a few more rhinestones to finish it.  Do you sense a pattern here?  :)


The box.  Oh, the box.  I do love making boxes.  I will give the dimensions, cutting, and scoring - assuming you know how to make and assemble boxes.  This is a box top and box bottom.  You want the bottom a smidge smaller than the top, but use the same scoring.

I used Smoky Slate Textured 12" x 12" cardstock for both pieces.

Box Top:  10" x 12".  Score at 1" on each side.

Box Bottom:  9 7/8" x 11 7/8".  Score at 1" on each side.

Here is my standard box assembly picture:

You can't see inside the box (and I already gave it away, so there's no picture), but I added a 7 1/2" x 9 1/2" piece of Whisper White taped to the inside of the box bottom, and the same size piece of Smoky Slate taped to the inside of the box lid.   This makes the box a little bit sturdier.

The finished box, with tag tied. 


Whew!  I feel like I've just been talking for an hour.  :)

If you have any questions, please reach out!  I'm here to help in any way that I can.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:To a Wild Rose bundle (stamps & dies), Everything Amazing, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Labeler Alphabet
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Black
Paper: wood-patterned paper (unknown), Smoky Slate (regular and textured), Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Other:  Stitched Shapes dies, Layering Circles dies, Scallop Tag Topper punch, Banner Triple punch, Whisper White Baker's Twine,  Pumpkin Pie 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon, Daffodil Delight Seam binding, Rhinestones, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals, picture frame.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment