Sunday, July 14, 2019

Happy Birthday Aunt B!


Wow!  I have to say I'm pretty impressed with how this turned out.  This is a Quad-fold card that I made for my aunt.  I found a great video from Wendy C on how to make this.  I'm not about to re-invent the wheel, so have a look at her video HERE, so you can see for yourself.  The concept of how to make the base of the card is very easy.  It's the decorating, designing each panel, and making all the inserts that took me a significant amount of time.

For this card, I wanted to have 3 areas for signing and writing messages because this was to be a family card - I signed it, my sister signed it, and my mom signed it - for my aunt's birthday.  Having 3 pockets with inserts was just what I needed, so the Quad-fold card was really a perfect solution.

Paper/measurements that you'll need for the basic card:
  • Card base:  12" x 12" card stock.  
  • DSP for panels (the black-background with balloons in mine):  2 3/4" x 5 3/4"  (4)
  • DSP for bottom of pockets:  2 3/4" x 2 3/4" (3)
  • Card stock inserts for pockets:  2 1/2" x 5 1/2" (3) 
You'll need additional paper for all the other bits.

I really pulled out all the stops for this card, because I wanted it to be special.  I used 8 different stamp sets, and 4 different die sets.  Also did a bit of hand-cutting.

I love having a lot of word stamps, because the font and size of words really give a different feel to the card.  I like options!

Notice that I only stamped on the top part of my inserts.  That's so we could tape gift cards on the bottom portions or the back, and still have plenty of room to write our messages.

I used 4 ink colors - Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, and Black.  Those came from the designer series papers that I used.  The balloons, present, and cupcake were all hand-cut, and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.


The front of the card was important to me.  I wanted it to look FUN and like a party!  The Happy is from the Happy Birthday die.  I cut the "Birthday" off, and will use that on another card.  I was glad I have the Number of Years stamps and dies, because I can make any number I need.  I stamped and hand-cut the "th" and "birthday".  I did add a few rhinestones to finish the front.


I've already given the card away, but I did make a custom envelope using the same birthday patterned papers that I used on the card.  The finished card is 3" x 6", but it's very thick and heavy.  I think we had 4 gift cards in it by the end of it.

If you have any questions, please reach out!


Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Perfect Pairings, Oh Happy Day kit, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Number of Years, Hello Cupcake, Birthday Balloons, Year After Year
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, Black
Paper:  Melon Mambo (12x12 and regular), Whisper White, It's My Party designer series paper, Gold Foil
Other:  Stitched Shapes dies, Layering Ovals dies, Large Numbers dies, Happy Birthday die, Markers (Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate), Whisper White Baker's Twine, Rhinestones, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals.
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment