Sunday, July 14, 2019

Flowers, Old and New


While I was putting away stamps from yesterday, I spied two pieces of Pineapple Punch card stock on my table.  They were calling me, and I wanted to use the Flower Shop set one more time before I put it away.  Both of these cards are the same exact design, and most of the same stamps.  The only difference is the one on the left uses the retired stamp set, Flower Shop and matching Pansy punch.  The one one the right uses the new To a Wild Rose stamp set, and matching dies.

I was in the mood for some Buffalo Check, so I started off with the background.  I think the Buffalo Check lends itself to so many designs. 

The Flower Shop set is just flowers - no leaves.  When I need leaves, I stamp the same flower image in green, and cut apart to make my own leaves.

The greeting is the same on both cards, using Special Celebrations.  White embossed on black cardstock, with the left side straight, and the right side ripped.


The rose in this set is actually a 3-step stamp.  I stamped the outline image in Crushed Curry, then added the next two layers in Pineapple Punch.  The leaves are all in Call Me Clover, with one of the layers stamped off.  A little different rhinestone placement for this one.


I hope you see some possibilities for stamps from your own collection!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Special Celebrations, Flower Shop, To a Wild Rose, Buffalo Check
Ink:  Pineapple Punch, Crushed Curry, Call Me Clover, Versamark
Paper:  Pineapple Punch, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other:  Wild Rose dies, Pansy Punch, White embossing powder, Rhinestones, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment