Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Floating Frame cards


My first attempts at the Floating Frame technique.  Turned out great, but there is definitely some practice required using the Press and Seal - a lighter touch is needed.  I had spots where the Press and Seal pulled off the top layer of my cardstock.  :(

Jennifer McGuire made a great video on this technique, so pop on over HERE to learn this technique. 

It's a very nice look, but not a quick card by any means.

For my first attempt at the Floating Frame, I used a stamp set with a matching punch - since I would need so many flowers to fill up my card front. 

The bonus with this technique is that you get TWO cards out of one piece.  The first piece gives you the frame part, hence the technique name.

I don't know if you can see it or not - but I messed up placement of my frame (I really had a time centering it), so I cut that flush with my frame, and mounted the whole thing on my card base.  Normally, I think, you would not have this extra layer.  It also worked out because that Pacific Point ink showed through to the inside of the card, which did not make me exceptionally happy.  Problems fixed!


After you make the frame card, you have the inside bit that can be used as a focal image on another card.  I like it!  I added the Whisper White frame that I peeled off for Card 1, to stamp the greeting on here.  Mounted that flush on the card base, and then I raised all the flower bits.  Finish off both cards with some rhinestones.


I'm definitely going to have to practice this technique some more.  Like I said, it's a learning curve figuring out the right amount of pressure with the Press and Seal.  Another option is to push the Press and Seal on your pants or shirt first, to remove some of the tack.  That stuff is sneaky!  It doesn't feel THAT sticky when you touch it, but boy does it want to stick to paper!  :(

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Colorful Seasons, Flower Shop
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point, Gorgeous Grape
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  Stitched Rectangle dies, Pansy punch, Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals (LOTS of dimensionals!).
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment