Tuesday, July 2, 2019

VW Van Fun!


STILL using up designer series papers from another project.  I really wanted to make this van PINK.  I got this stamp from a Cardmaker & Papercrafts magazine...it's a UK-based magazine that has some decent ideas, and a stamp set, and usually something else - like an embossing folder, or a die.  This one came with a die.  Lots of fun images in the stamp set, but seriously - the quality of the stamps is really GARBAGE. 

I'm kind of mad that I paid $13.99 for the magazine, even WITH the stamp set.  They are clear stamps, but they are not photopolymer.  They feel like rubber, and almost ripped when I was trying to pry them off the plastic image sheet.  It also did not take ink very well, even after cleaning the stamp several times.  I had to stamp this guy 7 times with my stamp positioner, just to get a well-inked image.  Frustrating...but like I said, fun stamps.  I'll keep them until they disintegrate.

Bottom line is I got a cute van out of it, and I colored in with my Stampin' Blends markers.  I used Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate, and Basic Black.  Hand-cut it, and popped it up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I wanted a funky background, so I flipped through my embossing folders and this Dots to Dots was the best I could come up with. 


I brought out Old Faithful, Teeny Tiny Wishes, for the greeting.  Finished off with a few rhinestones.

I hope you like it!  I think it's a fun card, and I enjoyed making it.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Happy Travels (from Cardmaker & Papercrafts magazine)
Ink: Black
Paper: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, It's My Party designer series paper
Other:  Dot to Dot embossing folder, Banner Triple punch, Rhinestones, Stampin' Blends Markers (Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate, Basic Black), Tombow Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment