Sunday, June 23, 2019

Lily Watercoloring class - Expo 2019

One of the classes that I took at the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo was for watercoloring.  Specifically, using the Zig Clean Color Real Brushes.  Nicole Petersen, from Picket Fence Studios talk the class and gave us this cool stamp set.  I think it was packaged specifically for class, going by what's printed on the sheet.... It's a pretty spray of lilies, and some good greetings.


The class was great, and I was happy to have the opportunity to learn how to use these markers.  I'm NOT great at watercoloring, no matter which medium I'm using - but I gave it a good shot, and I kind of like it. 

We used 3 colors for this - Sugar Almond Pink, Dark Pink, and Fl. Green.  We actually had Light Green in our class, but I didn't do any of my leaves until I got home.  I wasn't able to buy the Light Green yesterday, so I had to get this other green.  It's good enough!

The houndstooth paper the provided in our class kit was just printed on white cardstock.  I changed out the greeting, and used one from the Darling Label Punch box that I got last year.


I finished off with some Basic Black Baker's Twine, and a few Frosted Epoxy Droplets

I enjoyed the class.  Nicole is a great teacher, and I liked the pieces that we made.  I have 2 more of these flower images, done with different colors.  I'll finish those off soon.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Darling Label punch box, Lily class set (Picket Fence by Nicole Petersen)
Ink: Black
Paper: Bristol White, Basic Black
Other:  Zig Clean Color Brushes (Sugar Almond Pink, Dark Pink, Fl. Green), Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets, Basic Black Baker's Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment