Thursday, June 27, 2019

A Nautical birthday card - Happy birthday Don!

I started off this card by picking colors - Seaside Spray and Night of Navy.  I don't have the Seaside Spray ink pad yet, so I decided all the stamping would be done in Night of Navy.

The background is embossed with a folder that I found at Joann's a few weeks back - anchors seemed appropriate!  For the stamped panel I used a Tim Holtz mini set, called Mariner.  It's got 4 nautical images, and they seemed to be the perfect size for this card.

For the greeting, I went to my new favorite card kit - Looking Up, and punched out with the Tailored Tag punch.  I stapled some Night of Navy corduroy ribbon to the front panel directly, and popped that greeting up with Stampin' Dimensionals.



Finished it off with some Clear & Frosted Epoxy Droplets.

I made this for my friend, who is originally from Maryland - hence the blue crab.  Happy birthday Don!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Looking Up Kit, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Mariner (Tim Holtz)
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: Seaside Spray, Night of Navy
Other:  Anchor embossing folder (Park Lane), Night of Navy corduroy ribbon, Clear & Frosted Epoxy Droplets,Tombow liquid glue, Stampin' Dimensionals.
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment