Sunday, June 30, 2019

Happy Birthday Sam!

I'm sending this card out this week for a friend.  I was in the mood to make a woodsy card, so this is what I ended up with.  Strips of Wood Textures designer series papers makes the background.

Notice the half tree slice?  I used the Rock & Roll technique to get that two-color look.  First ink the Rooted in Nature stamp in Crumb Cake, then roll the outer edges around on the Early Espresso ink pad.  Yes...my ink pads are the "old" ones that get foam bubbles when I press a lot...I don't care.   It doesn't bother me enough to replace an entire set of ink pads.


Stamp it down.  I hand-cut it, then cut it in half so I have the extra slice for later.  I layered the tree slice on a Stitched Shapes circle. 


I stamped and die-cut two of the trees, using the Nature's Roots dies.  I only popped one of them up.  I also stamped the greeting from Itty Bitty Birthdays, on a thin strip of Very Vanilla.  Finished off with some Gold Metallic Pearls.


I hope he enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it.   Happy birthday Sam!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Rooted in Nature, Itty Bitty Birthdays
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow
Paper: Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Wood Textures designer series paper
Other:  Stitched Shapes dies, Nature's Roots dies, Metallic Pearls, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment