Sunday, December 16, 2018

Humming Along with Stitched Rectangle dies - coming soon!


I received several stamp sets from the Occasions catalog, while I was attending On Stage convention last month.  This is a new one called Humming Along.  It's got a few nice greetings, with fonts that I like, this big-ish flower, and a humming bird.  I'll be doing more with it in the coming months, but I needed some birthday cards right NOW!

I wanted to use Berry Burst, and I had some Fresh Florals designer series papers left over from last year. 

I stamped the flowers in Basic Black on Shimmery White card stock.  Let it dry, then color in with the regular markers (not alcohol markers).  The flowers look really dark - it might be because I colored them over TWICE.  I do this with the regular markers, to get an even coloring.

I hand-cut the flowers, and popped them up with dimensionals.  There are matching framelits for this set, but I didn't get them...only got the stamps, so I'm making do.

I didn't get a good enough picture close-up, but I used the NEW Stitched Rectangle dies for the Berry Burst panel.  These new dies are AMAZING - and there are so many sizes included!


Added bonus is that they make the stiches TWICE for each cut out.  I haven't quite figured out how to use this to it's best advantage yet, but I will!



On two of the cards, I ruffled some Berry Burst Crinkled Seam binding (from last year's catalog), along the back of that panel.


I can see this flower in plenty of different bright colors - I think it's a Hibiscus flower.  I don't know what colors they usually come in.  I have a black thumb, so flowers are not my strong suit.  :)

Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs should be mailing out from Stampin'  Up directly THIS WEEK!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Humming Along, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink:  Basic Black, Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst
Paper:  Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White, Shimmery White, Fresh Florals designer series paper
Other:  Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle dies, Pretty Label punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Berry Burst 5/8" Crinkled Seam binding, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Glue dots.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment