Sunday, December 2, 2018

Fir Real - Colorful holiday cards!


When I saw this stamp set from Ink Road, I knew I had to have it.  There were 6 trees, so I immediately thought about how I could use them all on one card at the same time.  Then there is the name - Fir Real.  I love it!

The card is white-on-white layered, to keep the focus on the colors.  I like this clean look.   Then I used ALL new colors from Stampin Up, along with the greeting (oops...I just noticed this one is a little crooked) from my latest Paper Pumpkin card kit, To You and Yours.

I stamped all of the trees and the greeting, then popped that layer up with a lot of Stampin' Dimensionals.  Finish off with a few rhinestones. 

Quick and easy enough.  Now I have 8 more cards to go into my pile.  I used to make 120+ Christmas cards - ALL THE SAME.  I liked doing that, but when you use things like designer series paper, you only have so much of one print.  After a few years, I started getting bored of making just the one design for a year.  I have/had so many other stamps that weren't getting enough love.  Now I make a lot of different cards, so I end up with a huge variety.  I tend to make at least 8 of a style of card, sometimes more.  I also use card kits a lot more now....watch for my next post to see the Timeless Tidings card kit.  :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Fir Real (Ink Road Stamps), To You and Yours (Paper Pumpkin, November 2018)
Ink:  Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Blueberry Bushel, Gorgeous Grape
Paper:  Whisper White (thick and regular)
Other:  Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment