Sunday, November 18, 2018

Thanksgiving Treats for my family


I love to make favors for holiday dinners, and I'm still on this candy-corn-with-peanuts kick....so I made another batch!  I found a bag of the brown-orange-white candy corn, so that mixed it up a bit.  I used a bag of that, along with a bag of regular candy corn. 

It looks like the treat cups that I got aren't showing up that well.  They are gold and white striped, which is why I added some gold leaves to the tag, and embossed the words in gold - to tie it all together.

I found the cups at Walmart, in the aisle where they have holiday cups/plates/napkins.  They had stuff for Christmas, Hannukah, and New Year's.  Lots of choices.

I got the 4" x 9 1/2" gusset bags at Joann's in the cake decorating section.  These are Wilton brand, and came in a pack of 25.  They also had a different brand with 50 bags, but I didn't want that many. 


NOW, for the tag!  The most important part of this project.  I love making tags like this, and I really added a lot of different bits to it.  Two different leaf punches, two circle punches, embossing, and some fun Buffalo Checks.

The base is from the retired Deco Labels framelits.  I also used two punches - Sprig punch with Old Olive and Soft Suede, and the Leaf punch with Gold Foil.  The leaf punch has 3 leaves on it, but I cut one off of each bunch.  The leaves are attached to the back of the Early Espresso circle, and then that is glued to the tag base.

For the Buffalo Check circles, I punched out circles in Very Vanilla first.  Then I inked up my Buffalo Check stamp, and placed the circles on that.  Add a piece of scrap paper over top, and rub with my hand.  I don't know if that's the best, or most efficient, way but it's the way I prefer to do it.  :)


Emboss the words on Very Vanilla card stock, and hand-cut.  I also stamped the squirrel and hand-cut him.  He is popped up with dimensionals.  Everything else is either glued down or stuck on with glue dots.

For assembly, I first attached the Buffalo Check circle to the Early Espresso circle.  Then I started with the squirrel since I wanted him in the middle.  Next, I used glue dots to stick on the words, then the leaves behind the Early Espresso.  I used liquid glue to attach all of that to the Deco Label tag base.  Cut a hole in the corner, and add some Early Espresso Baker's Twine. 


I hope this gives you an idea of something that you could make for your own Thanksgiving treats!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Buffalo Check background, Holiday Invitation, Nutty Over You (Simon Says Stamp - the squirrel)
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Versamark
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Gold Foil
Other:  Big Shot, Deco Label dies, 2 1/4" and 2" circle punches, Leaf punch, Sprig punch, Gold embossing powder, Embossing buddy, Heat tool, 1/8" hole punch, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Harvest Gold 1/4" grosgrain ribbon Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tombow liquid glue, Treat cups, gusset bags.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment