Sunday, November 18, 2018

Pumpkin Spice gift tags

Do you ever want to gift someone a little something - like this bag of cookies, or a bag of coffee and you don't have a bag that's big enough?  Or just don't want to put it in a bag?  Just make a tag and attach it directly to the item! 

I used a stamp that I recently got from Ink Road Stamps, called PSL - Pumpkin Spice Latte.  It's perfect for these PSL items!  I made two styles of tags for my packages.  On the bag of coffee, this tag has a ribbon that you can use to hang it.  On the cookies, I clipped the tag on with no hang.  The ribbon is tied in a bow, right on the clip just for prettiness. 

BONUS:  Making and attaching tags this way makes them RE-USABLE.


Let's get a closer look at the base of my tag.  It's 2 1/2" x 5".  I hand-cut the V.   What I want to show you is the background.  When I'm making my own background using smaller stamps, I put the stamps all on one block, so I can stamp all at the same time and create a pattern.


After I stamped a pattern all over my base tag, I went over with some dots using Celestial Copper ink from Delicata.  It's shimmery and coppery - perfect for this project.


Here's a closer look at each tag, so you can see how I've layered and assembled my tags.  I made them both the same.

I stamped, colored, and then hand-cut my mugs.  Add glitter to the froth.  I used my Stamparatus to stamp the words in different colors.  It's one stamp.  First, I stamped the whole thing with Pumpkin Pie, then I decided that was too light so I went back over with Early Espresso ink just on the top 5 names.  I did that a few times to get it darker and darker.  Then I stamped the "Pumpkin" in the Celestial Copper ink a few times, to get it the color that I wanted.  You may have the MISTI, or the Tim Holtz stamping platform - any of them will work great for this.

Punch the word image out with the 2 1/4" circle stamp, then cut a 2 1/2" circle out of Cajun Craze card stock.  Layer those and add your mug image with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I used the largest size circle from the Stitched Shapes thinlits, cut out of Copper Foil.  Layer the Cajun/Vanilla/mug piece on to the Copper circle with more Stampin' Dimensionals, then use liquid glue to attach that whole thing to the tag base.  Finish off with a few Metallic rhinestones.


Here is the other - 


I hope this inspires your gift packaging - you don't need to put everything in a bag or a box.  :)

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  PSL (Ink Road Stamps), Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Celestial Copper (Delicata)
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Copper Foil
Other:  Big Shot, Stitched Shapes dies, 2 1/2" and 2 1/4" circle punches, 3/16" Braided Linen Trim, 1/8" hole punch, Fine-Tip Glue pen, Metallic Rhinestones, Markers (Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Gray Granite), 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tombow liquid glue, Treat cups, gusset bags.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment