Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Happy Birthday to a dear friend!


Today's card was an experiment - I had a few ideas that I wanted to see how they worked out.  I like it!  The main stamp is from Impression Obsession, and it covers the entire card front.  It's actually a 6" x 6" stamp, so you can make your card either horizontal or vertical.

First, I swiped ink across some Glossy White cardstock.  I started with Old Olive at the very end, then Cajun Craze in the middle-ish, and then Cherry Cobbler.  I was going for a sunset kind of effect.  You need to set this aside and let it dry for a minute or two.

I stamped the trees in Tuxedo Black - I did have to ink and stamp it twice, so the Stamparatus came in very handy.   Again, set it aside and let it dry for a bit.  The ink takes longer to dry on the Glossy card stock.

Once it was dry, I squeezed my Gold Wink of Stella pen so it was juicy, and then I banged it against my hand to make it splatter all over the card front.  It did NOT dry as fast as I wanted it to, so I blotted it with a paper towel.  Next time, I will try something else to get more spritzy splatters, rather than these bigger blobs.  I still like it...but, live and learn.

I embossed the Happy Birthday in Gold, punched it out using the Pretty Label punch, and attached a bit of Gold Cord behind it.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Soft Sayings Card kit stamps, Tree Line (Impression Obsession)
Ink:  Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Glossy White
Other:  Gold Glory embossing powder, Heat tool, Gold Cord, Gold Wink of  Stella pen, Pretty Label punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment