Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Global Design Project 166 - Sketch Challenge #GDP166




I came across the Global Design Project challenge for this week, and it's a sketch challenge.  The idea is that they post a challenge - sometimes it's a sketch, sometimes it's a color combination...whatever it is.  You make your thing, and post it to your blog.  Then you add your picture to their blog post, so everyone can see it.  Click HERE to see what everyone else has shared for this particular challenge.  I think it's a cool idea, but I don't follow it regularly...and I should.  They have some great sketch designs.

Here is the sketch provided for the GDP166 challenge:

 
You can see that I mostly followed the sketch.  I layered my designer paper differently, and my sentiment crosses the entire card...but it's close enough I think.  :)

My card is really simple. 

Stamp and heat emboss the tree, from the Nothing Sweeter stamp set, and the sentiment, from Timeless Tidings, in Gold. 

Cut the tree out with the tree die, and the scalloped edge with that embossing die.  Both are from the Sweetly Stitched dies.  I got the Nothing Sweeter Bundle, at 10% off. 

Punch a hole from the designer series paper with the 2" circle punch.

Finish with some Gold pearls from the Metallic Pearls pack, and pop the tree up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Easy enough!  Give it a try!  Maybe a birthday theme, or Winter?

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Timeless Tidings, Nothing Sweeter (bundle)
Ink:  Shaded Spruce, Versamark
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Real Red, All is Bright designer series paper
Other:  Big Shot, Sweetly Stitched dies (from the bundle), 2" Circle punch, Embossing buddy, Heat tool, Gold embossing powder, Metallic Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow liquid glue.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

 #GDP166

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun card, Toni! I love how you've showcased this paper and this sweet Christmas tree. Love it!

    ReplyDelete