Saturday, October 6, 2018

World Card Making Day 2018 - Country Livin'!


Happy World Card Making Day!  I hope you find some time to get crafty, and do some creating today - even if it means adding cards to your Pinterest board for later.  :)

I'm starting my WCMD stamping with a large square card.  This is 5 1/2" square.  Why that size, and not a 6" x 6" card?  Because it's almost 2am, and I didn't want to dig through my rack of 12x12 paper, so this was the largest square card that I could make out of an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock.  11" divided in half = 5 1/2".   I cut my card base 5 1/2" x 11", and scored in half to make the square card. 

It's still a big card, and I love that I get to show so much of that cool looking wood pile paper in the background.

The most time consuming part of this card was coloring in the truck with the Stampin' Blends markers.  I'm still not the best at shading, but I'm trying. I stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento, colored with the Blends, and then hand-cut.

The ovals are the largest oval from the Stitched Shapes framelits, and then a size bigger from the Layering Ovals framelits.  The ovals are layered, and then popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I glued the truck right on top with my favorite Tombow liquid glue. 

Finish off with a greeting strip, some burlap ribbon, and a few wooden stars.  (Stars are retired)

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  Country Livin, Soft Sayings Card kit stamps
Ink:  Tuxedo Black, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Wood Textures designer series paper
Other:  Big Shot, Stitched Shapes framelits, Layering Ovals framelits, Stampin' Blends sets (Light & Dark - Real Red, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Espresso/Ivory, Old Olive), Wood Elements, 5/8" Burlap ribbon, Tombow Liquid glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

I hope you like it!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping.

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment