Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Ink Smooshing with acetate - Fall birthday cards

Have you tried "Ink smooshing" yet?  I found this great video HERE, and she does a great job showing how to use a piece of acetate and inks for the ink smooshing.  From what I found, people tend to use water color or a sturdy/heavy card stock for this technique, so I used Stampin' Up's Very Vanilla Thick card stock. 

The three colors that I used on these cards were Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, and Pineapple Punch.   I went darkest color to lightest, and I used my heat tool to dry the ink in between. 

Stamp a few leaves from the Colorful Seasons set, and then add the die-cut words.  Does anyone recognize the "Happy"???  It's from the Merry Christmas to All bundle!!!  It's not just for the Holidays.

 Merry Christmas to All Photopolymer Bundle

My Thick card stock was still very warped when I was finished.  Luckily, there is a solution - use a LOT of strong tape.  :)

After I made my smooshed pieces, I mounted that layer onto another piece of Very Vanilla, and added a few gold pearls from the new Metallic Pearls, to finish it off. 


There you have it!  I hope you give this ink smooshing technique a try.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  Colorful Seasons, Number of Years
Ink:  Early Espresso, Pineapple Punch, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Very Vanilla (Thick and regular), Cajun Craze, Pineapple Punch
Other:  Big Shot, Merry Christmas to All bundle (for the dies), piece of acetate (window sheet), Metallic Pearls, Fast Fuse, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping.

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment