Sunday, October 14, 2018

Color Challenge - Thankful card


I made this card for a Color Challenge in one of the facebook groups that I'm part of.  They just showed a picture of colors, and we were to make any item with any or all of the colors.  I liked them all, so my best guesses with Stampin' Up colors are Early Espresso, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, and Soft Suede.

I also found a stamp set in a Simon Says card kit that I bought LAST YEAR - so I thought I'd finally put some ink on it.  :)  I also recently re-purchased this retired SU set, Seasonal Solids.  It was a favorite of mine years ago, but I got rid of it.  Came across it on a site recently, and bought it again.  Make up my mind!

I stamped the same leaf in all five colors, and hand-cut them.

I wanted the colors to show off the most, so I went with a Vanilla on Vanilla card.  The background is embossed with the Basket Weave embossing folder, although it's not showing up very well.

I also ruffled some lace trim behind the bigger banner piece.


I popped just about everything up with Stampin' Dimensionals, and added a few retired Candy Dots.

I encourage you to make a card with these colors - they are GREAT for fall cards!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  Seasonal Solids, Thankful Heart (Simon Says)
Ink:  Early Espresso, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
Paper:  Very Vanilla (Thick for the card base, regular for everything else)
Other:  Big Shot, Basket Weave embossing folder, Lace Trim, Triple Banner punch,  Neutral Candy Dots, Tombow liquid glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping.

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment