Saturday, October 20, 2018

Halloween Treats - candy corn & peanuts? YES


Candy corn???  And PEANUTS???  YES.  It's not disgusting.  It's delicious.

I saw it on on-line somewhere (probably facebook), and thought I'd give it a try.  Equal parts candy corn and peanuts.  I used Roasted Peanuts.  NOT dry roasted/lightly salted.  NO.  Regular roasted peanuts looked nicer and darker, and saltier.  I think it gives you a better sweet/salty thing.

Here is what I got at Walmart for this mix.  Remember, equal parts candy corn and peanuts.  Stir it all up, and put in baggies.


I used some small 4"x4" baggies that I got on accident.  :)  I knew/hoped they'd come in handy.  Put them in baggies, then inside some different white bags.  I had some leftover Glassine bags and Sketched Dots Tag a Bags.  


I used a variety of Halloween stamps, from a lot of different stamp companies - Stampin' Up, Hero Arts, Inked Road, and Simon Says.  Use whatever you have to make yours!

I folded the bags over a teeny bit, and taped shut on the back with some glitter tape that I had.  

Then tie ribbon around the entire bag.  I had a variety, and I don't know where I got some of these.  Doesn't matter - use what you have.  I ran out, and had to use some orange seam binding that I found - had just enough for the last bags, so it was fate.


After I tied the ribbon around all the bags, I made the tags.  2 1/4" circle of Whisper White, and a 2 1/2" circle of Basic Black.  Stamp all the white circles, and layer to the black circles.  I glued them directly to the ribbon with Tombow liquid glue.  You have to hold in place for a minute or so, while it dries a bit.  They seem to be holding.


Add some bling or enamel dots to finish!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted; some are retired):

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Spooky Bingo Bits, Boo Crew (Inked Road), spider web (single stamp, Hero Arts), Creepy Cute (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black, Lemon Lime Twist, Tangerine Twist
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black
Other:  2 1/4" and 2 1/2" circle punches, Orange ribbons (various), Enamel Dots (Eyelet Outlet), Tombow liquid glue, Glassine bags, Sketched Dots Tag a Bags

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping.

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment