Monday, September 3, 2018

Happy Fall Yall!

It's time for pumpkins, spice, and everything nice - like the smell of dead leaves.  :)  Bring it on! 

For this card, I used things from both the NEW Holiday catalog (goes live on Sep 5th), and the Annual catalog.  I used two of the new colors - Mango Melody, and Granny Apple Green.  These two are so pretty together!  The background is a new Buffalo Check background stamp from the Holiday catalog, and I am definitely going to get a lot of use out of this one!

I know this "pumpkin" looks kind of like an orange, but it can go either way.  I used the abstract circles from the Swirly Bird stamp set to make my pumpkins in two sizes.  Then I hand-cut all the pieces.  The speckle of grass comes from this set as well. 

Swirly Bird Photopolymer Stamp Set 
When I decided to spell out words on the tag, I was originally going to put "Happy Halloween", but then my pumpkins wouldn't fit right....so "Happy Fall Yall" is it.  (I could have cut a new tag to stamp on that was longer, but I found this one already cut on my desk and I wanted to use it up.)  I did start stamping with "Yall" - and went backwards from the right side edge.  This helps me make sure I won't run out of room.  Start with the second "L", and work your way IN to the left.  Same thing with "Fall".  I started with the second "L" first, then worked my way in.  Lastly, I stamped "happy".  I wanted it to be not lined up on purpose.


You can see that my little pumpkin is higher than the big one.  That's a double stack of Stampin' Dimensionals.  I wanted it taller.

This close-up gives you a peek at the new Swirls & Curls embossing folder too.  Again - that's another item that I will be using a LOT.

I hope you enjoyed today's Happy Fall card!

Supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Swirly Bird, Tabs for Everything, Labeler Alphabet, Buffalo Check background
Ink:  Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Early Espresso
Paper:  Mango Melody, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Swirls & Curls embossing folder, Scallop Tag Topper punch, 5/8" Burlap ribbon, Linen Thread, Tombow liquid glue, glue dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping.

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment