Monday, August 13, 2018

Gorgeous Grape truly IS Gorgeous!


The new Gorgeous Grape color truly is beautiful!  I paired it with another new color, Granny Apple Green, for this card.  The card is 4 1/4" square, which means it can still fit in a Medium envelope and go through the mail.  Don't forget - square envelopes require extra postage!

I love a tone-on-tone background, so I embossed a layer of Gorgeous Grape with the new Tufted dynamic embossing folder.  I love that pattern! 

For the flower, I stamped off once to get this lighter version.  That texture really comes through from the Healing Hugs stamp, which is one of the "Distinktive" stamps.   I did the same for the leaves.  Stamped off once with the Granny Apple Green ink.  Hand-cut both of those pieces, and attach the leaves behind the flower.

The strip of Granny Apple Green has some of the criss-cross pattern stamped across randomly, not covering the entire piece.   I did leave some blank space.  I added the criss-crosses to the greeting bit also.

I added a little more texture with a piece of the Whisper White Polka Dot organza Tulle ribbon - just twisted it around once and attached it to the front of the card with a little glue.  Put the flower/leaf right over top of that with Stampin' Dimensionals.   The greeting is popped up with some Dimensionals as well.


I love these colors together, and all of the texture on this card.  I can see making this card in any color!

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Healing Hugs
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Tufted embossing folder, 5/8" Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle, Pretty Label punch, Tombow Liquid glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue dots.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment