Saturday, August 25, 2018

CASE the catalog swap - High Tide


I just finished a swap where we had to CASE the catalog.  CASE = Copy And Steal Everything.  You take something you like, and you copy it!  You can copy it exactly, or make some slight modifications.

I chose to copy the card from page 145 in the Annual Catalog. 

 

I had to make some slight modifications.  You can't see from this picture very well, but that striped bit at the bottom is designer series paper, and then there are little Tranquil Textures Sprinkles glued on the sand.  I didn't have either of those, so I had to improvise.

I made my own striped paper using the Playful Backgrounds stamps.  I stamped tone-on-tone, using Balmy Blue.  I also didn't have the Tranquil Tide Sprinkles, so I had to use the Metallics Assortment Sequins.  I like it though!


Tip:  To get the layering between water and sand, I masked it with some Post It Tape. 

It took me a while to get started on this swap, but I'm glad we did it.  You always think - oh, just copy something out of the book.  Well....it's not that easy if you are trying to copy exactly.  Out of the entire book, I only had about 6 options that I had MOST of the things required to make that exact card.

I hope you enjoy my version!

Supplies that you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  High Tide, Playful Backgrounds
Ink:  Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Whisper White Thick, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
Other:  Big Shot, Under the Sea framelits, Metallics Assortment Sequins, Fine-Tip glue pen, sponge, Whisper White 3/8" Classic Weave ribbon, Tombow glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment