Sunday, July 15, 2018

Twisted Cards - so cool!


What a cool, fun fold technique!  This is called a Twisted Card, and it's so neat!

I have two tutorials to share with you, so you can learn how to make one of these neat cards.  You can watch them both, and decide which one works better for you.  You can also search Google, to find more.  

Kelly Jean Gettlefinger  (I found this one to be more helpful - it was easier for me to understand the math and follow).

Debbie Henderson's

I used the same stamp set, but different colors and papers for both of these Twisted cards.

The front of the card will have a pocket, but I covered it with paper on this one.  I added a Pearlized doily (that has a 2  1/2" circle of Powder Pink card stock behind it, but you can't tell).  Top with the greeting punched out with the 2 1/4" circle punch.  Add a bit of ribbon at the bottom.

Finish by stamping, coloring, and hand-cutting some flowers.  Run them through some glitter, and attach with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Add some pearls.


This inside view shows the pockets.  Sorry that it's blurry.  You can see that I made them different.  On the pink one, I slipped designer series paper inside the pocket on the right side.  Then I taped the two triangle pieces on both sides.  That leaves the Pink Powder bare part on the left to write a message.

On the green one, I covered the left side with paper, and slipped another piece inside the pocket.  I stamped the bottom of the pocket.


For the front of the green one, I only added some designer paper to the bottom of the pocket, and stamped the rest of the card front.  No ribbon on this one.  Instead of a doily, I cut out a piece of Bermuda Bay card stock with the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes thinlits.

I stamped, colored, and hand-cut birthday hats.  I only glittered the pom-poms at the top of the hats.  Attached them with Stampin' Dimensionals, and added some rhinestones.


Done!  :)   I really hope you give this Twisted card a try.  It's one of those things that once you get the hang of it, it's completely easy.  

I hope you enjoyed seeing two different uses from the same stamp set. 

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create these:

Stamps:  Better Together
Ink:  Powder Pink, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist
Paper:  Powder Pink, Fresh Florals designer series paper (retired), Lemon Lime Twist, Naturally Eclectic designer series paper (retired), Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Stitched Shapes thinlits, 2 1/2" and 2 1/4" circle punches, Pearlized Doilies, Rhinestone and Pearl Basic Jewels, 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter,  Markers (Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink, Balmy Blue, Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist), Powder Pink 1/2" Finely woven ribbon (retired), Stampin' Dimemsionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment