Sunday, July 15, 2018

Coloring with gamsol - first attempt!

I'm trying to improve my coloring skills, and learn new techniques.  For these cards, I was focused on blending the colored pencil parts with Gamsol.   All these years - I had no idea what I was missing!  I don't have an expensive brand of colored pencils, and it worked great.

Stamp the images in Tuxedo Black Memento on Whisper White THICK card stock.  Then I colored in the guitars completely with colored pencils.  Take a Fantastix stump and dip in some gamsol...blend like you're using a blender pen or aqua painter.  AMAZING!

The bonus was that when I went to mount the top card, the orange guitar matched my new Grapefruit Grove card stock perfectly.  And the purple from the card below matched the new Gorgeous Grape perfectly.

 For this card, I only used the colored pencils down the side of the guitars, then took the stump with gamsol, and blended down and in.


The greeting was a stamp from Stamps of Life, that I stamped in Basic Black and cut into the two pieces.  I finished off both cards with some rhinestones and Metallic Enamel shapes (stars).

I popped both of the layered guitar pieces up from the base card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Love, love, love these plain old colored pencils!

Stampin' supplies you'll need to create these:

Stamps:  Epic Celebrations (SAB 2018), wordssquares2stamps (Stamps of Life)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black, Basic Black
Paper:  Grapefruit Grove, Gorgeous Grape, Basic Black, Whisper White thick
Other:  Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Metallic Enamel shapes, Fantastix stumps, Gamsol, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment