Thursday, June 7, 2018

Rooted in Nature - two color schemes

WOW!  I got my first order of NEW stuff today, and I love, love, love all the new colors!  I needed to make a birthday card, but I wanted to play with a few groups of different colors. 

I kept these cards relatively simple - only used Whisper White card stock, and no real bling or accessories.  I wanted to focus on the colors and the embossing folder.

Card on the left features Gray Granite for the greeting, and stamped off once for the big tree ring.  It's kind of a gray-beige.  It's got more brown in it than Smoky Slate.  Highland Heather and Mint Macaron.


Card on the right features Petal Pink for the greeting, and stamped off once for the big tree ring.  The skeleton leaves are in Powder Pink, and the smaller, more solid leaves are in Blush Blossom.  This ended up being kind of a weird color combo.  It makes the Petal Pink look more orange.   I'm definitely going to have to play with all the new colors for a bit.


I also got the new Subtle embossing folder.  The catalog does NOT do the embossing folder section justice, and the picture of this one is the worst.  It's actually a very cool pattern.  Reminds me of linen or something.  Here is a close-up - see how it looks like lines?


I hope you've enjoyed these peek at some of my new toys.  I've got plenty to work with in the coming months!

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create these:

Stamps:  Rooted in Nature, Special Celebrations
Ink:  Gray Granite, Highland Heather, Mini Macaron, Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, Powder Pink
Paper:  Whisper White (thick and regular)
Other:  Big Shot, Subtle embossing folder, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment