Sunday, June 10, 2018

Rooted in Nature - Shadow Box card


Jennifer McGuire posted this great tutorial last week or so for how to make a Shadow Box card.  I followed along, and had a ball making this card!  See how when you open the card up, it makes a box and stands up.  This lets you build a scene with different pieces.

The beauty of this card is that it folds flat, and fits into a regular medium size envelope.  Folded, the card is a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  GENIUS!


Here's the inside of the card, which is where the WOW factor comes in - I stamped mountains, ground, and a tree on the inside/back of the card using the ever-so-versatile Waterfront stamp set.  Then I stamped and die-cut some more trees to pop on the front of my window.


The circle that I cut out of this panel is the same circle that I stamped and added to the front of the card.  It's the largest size circle from the Stitched Shapes Thinlits.

She really did a good job with the tutorial, and I am definitely going to make more of these.  You would write your sentiment on the left side of the inside of the card.  Be careful when you write, if the front of your card has dimensional and lump things.

Do you love it?  I do!  :)

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:  (I did grab some retired paper/ink, since this was my prototype, but it turned out so good, I had to share it!)

Stamps:  Rooted in Nature bundle (stamps and framelits), Waterfront
Ink:  Tip Top Taupe (retired), Soft Suede, Garden Green
Paper:  Tip Top Taupe (retired), Very Vanilla
Other:  Big Shot,  Stitched Shapes thinlits, Layering Circles framelits. Linen Thread, Glue dots, Stampin' Dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment