Saturday, June 2, 2018

Gift Box and card - from half a sheet of dsp!


You know how much I love to make boxes!  Add a matching card, and it's good times in my book.  I wanted to figure out a way to get a decent size box AND card from a HALF a sheet of designer series paper - 6" x 12".  That way, you can get TWO sets out of one sheet of paper.  You also need cardstock to match, but the pretty part is the most important here.  :)

I am continuing my current favorite style of box - the box bottom is taller, so it peeks out from the lid.


Measurements/scoring for the box pieces:

Top/Lid:  Cut designer series paper, 6" x 8".  Score each side at 1".  SAVE the bit that you cut off, for the matching card!

Bottom:  Cut card stock 6 15/16" x 8 15/16" - (that's a SMIDGE - 1/16" - under 7" x 9").  Score each side at 1 1/2".

These are my basic box-making steps below.  The same steps apply for any shape box - square or rectangle.  Do this for the top and the bottom.


This is the finished box.  Finished size is 4" x 6" x 1 1/2".   That's a pretty decent size box.


I just tied a bit of ribbon around it.  I know the papers and ribbon are retired.  :(  I started this project a couple of weeks ago, and totally forgot about it.  I've been excited about the new catalog, and making sure my first order was ready to go.  so....at least I used a new stamp set on the card!

For the card, I wanted it to fit INSIDE the box, so I don't need a separate envelope.  This card size is 3 3/4" x 5 3/4". 


Measurements for the card:

Peekaboo Peach card base:  5 3/4" x 7 1/2".  Score at 3 3/4" on the long side.
Whisper White:  3 5/8" x 5 5/8".
Designer series paper (left over from what you cut earlier!): 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".

Then you just put whatever you want on the card front.  I wanted to focus on the pretty papers, so I just added some more ribbon, a couple of punched out leaves, and my stamped greeting punched out with circle punches.

Now if you've ever got a 6" x 12" piece of patterned paper - you can make a gift box and card set out of it!

I hope you found today's post to be interesting and useful. 

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create these:

Stamps:  Love What You Do
Ink:  Peekaboo Peach (oops- retired!)
Paper:  Peekaboo Peach (retired), Whisper White, Naturally Eclectic designer series paper (retired)
Other:  Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Night of Navy and Peekaboo Peach 5/8" Crinkled satin ribbon (retired), 2" and 2 1/4" circle punches, Leaf punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment