Saturday, May 5, 2018

Saying Good-bye to some favorites

I wanted to use my Bold Butterfly thinlits one more time, along with the Fluttering embossing folder.  Both of these items are retiring.  Unfortunately, the Fluttering embossing folder is no longer available, but you could use any other embossing folder - flowers, stripes, or dots...check what you have.

I really like the look of a tone-on-tone card, so I stuck with Pink Pirouette for the card base, and the embossed layer.

For the butterfly piece, I cut it out first, then I stamped the flowers and greeting on with Versamark ink.  Add silver embossing powder, and heat it up.  I colored the flowers in with the Pink Pirouette marker - again, tone on tone here.  I colored it a few times, which made it darker.  I like it!

I attached the length of Silver sequin trim to the card front with glue dots, and then popped the butterfly up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Final touch was to add some single sequins that I pulled off the trim.


I used a mix of new stamps from the Share What You Love promotion, retiring products, and past items.  I hope my friend enjoys this card!

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Love What You Do/flowers, Heartfelt Blooms/thinking of you (Sale-a-Bration 2018)
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Pink Pirouette
Other:  Big Shot, Fluttering embossing folder, Bold Butterflies Thinlits, Silver embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, heat tool, Silver sequin trim, glue dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Pink Pirouette marker


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment