Saturday, May 26, 2018

Graduation cards

I had 3 graduation cards to make today.  I always like to use the school colors, for high school graduations.  These two are for kids at the same school - Go Wildcats!  I used the NEW In Color, Call Me Clover, paired with black and white.

I had an old set with a larger graduation cap in it, along with a Paper Pumpkin set from 2016 with tiny graduation caps.  I can't tell you enough how much I love the Paper Pumpkin stamp sets.  I like that they are smaller sets, because the little bits and pieces come in so handy.

I used the Simple Stripes embossing folder - vertically on one card, horizontally on the other.  After I die-cut the "congrats", I went over all the letters with the Clear Wink of Stella pen to give it some subtle sparkle.  Finished off both with some White sequins that were left over from a Paper Pumpkin kit.


This other card was more for the person.  She's an artist, and SO TALENTED.  I immediately thought of this pot of paint brushes for her.  I incorporated her school colors into the paint brushes, as well as the card itself.  Go Patriots!

This card also allowed me to use more of the NEW In colors - Blueberry Bushel and Lovely Lipstick.  I stamped the pot of paint brushes on watercolor paper with Basic Black Archival ink.  When it was dry, I colored in with some watercolor pencils, and blended with an Aqua Painter.  Heat set it to dry.

I stamped the "Congratulations!" on a scrap of Whisper White and hand-cut.  That stamp is from the Soft Sayings Card kit.  I have gotten so much use out of that stamp set as well!  Finished off with the same White sequins.


I hope you are inspired to make your own custom cards for your graduates!

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create these:

Stamps:  Year After Year (larger graduation cap, retired), Pocketful of Cheer (small grad hat, Paper Pumpkin March 2016), Giftable Greetings (you did it, Paper Pumpkin August 2017), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (retired), Crafting Forever, Soft Sayings card kit
Ink:  Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel, Lovely Lipstick, Basic Black
Paper:  Call Me Clover, Basic Black, Whisper White, Blueberry Bushel, watercolor
Other:  Big Shot, Sunshine Thinlits (congrats), Simple Stripes embossing folder, Scattered Sequins embossing folder, watercolor pencils, Aqua Painter, Clear Wink of Stella pen, glue dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow liquid glue

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment