Saturday, May 26, 2018

Garden in Bloom, with Work of Art plaid




Are you wondering how I made the plaid background here?  It's from the Work of Art stamp set!  See the straight-ish line stamp at the bottom of this picture?  That's what I used.
 

Stamp that line stamp across the card stock at an angle.  Then turn your paper, and go back again to get the criss-cross plaid look.  Very easy!  This Work of Art set has been so useful, and I'm sad to see it retire.

I used two retiring In Colors on this card - Sweet Sugarplum and Peekaboo Peach.  I paired them with Lemon Lime Twist, and I like it!

Tip for making this card - stamp the greeting FIRST.  That way, you can place your flowers around it, and not cut any of your letters off.  I barely squeaked by on this one.

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Garden in Bloom, Work of Art
Ink:  Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach, Lemon Lime Twist, Basic Black
Paper:  Sweet Sugarplum, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other:  Stampin' Dimensionals

I hope give plaid-making a try on a card of your own!


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment