Friday, May 25, 2018

Butterfly Basics - black and gold


As we say good-bye to some old friends (I mean, stamps), I gave this set one more shot at life.  This was one of the cards from my Retiring Cards Class.  I wanted to use more of the Bundle of Love designer papers - the gold side made that super useful and generic.  I also used up most of my Metallic Foil doilies on these cards.  Otherwise, I kept it simple with just black and gold.

The card bases are Thick Very Vanilla card stock, then the layer is regular weight Very Vanilla.

Sadly, these Beautiful Butterflies thinlits are no longer available, but you could certainly re-make this with any other butterfly die or the Dragonfly set.  Attach the die-cut butterfly to the front of your card using just a few glue dots behind the body.  That way, you can bend the wings up if you want to.

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create these:

Stamps:  Butterfly Basics (retiring)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Very Vanilla (thick and regular), Basic Black, Bundle of Love designer series paper
Other:  Big Shot, Butterflies thinlits, Metallic Foil doilies, glue dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

That's it!  Very simple, but I think very striking.  No greeting, because I really think it can be used for most anything.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment