Sunday, May 13, 2018

Gift Box and Matching card

I had planned on making a gift card holder for my mom, for her Mother's Day present, but that didn't work out...could not get the actual gift card.  I ended up making her a card that I added a pocket to on the inside.  I wrote a note and added money (in lieu of gift card), and put that inside this card.


I had only one piece of this designer series paper left, and I do not remember the name of it.  If anyone remembers it, PLEASE leave me a comment so I can edit this posting, : ) 

I used the one piece of 12x12 paper to make my box lid and this card.  I still have about a 4" strip left. 

On the front of the card, I used the retired Stippled Blossoms set to stamp a two-step rose and leaves.  I added some leaf punches, and started the layering.  The base is a Tea Lace Doily.  I also used the 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" circle punches on Whisper White and Vellum card to make some layers.  Leaf punches behind the vellum. 

The old Pearl Basic Jewels had 3 rows of connected pearls.  I used 2 of those rows to go around the Whisper White circle, then popped up the hand-cut rose with leaves on top of that.  Glued that whole thing down on the doily.


Now if you liked the card, you'll LOVE the gift box.  Let me start with the gift box topper.  Another layered piece using a hand-cut rose and leaves, with some more leaf punches added.  A strip of Riding Hood Red card stock, with each end punched with the Banner Triple punch.  One Everyday Label punch, cut in half; each half mounted on opposite corners of the base piece.  I added another 2 1/2" circle, and a stamped greeting punched out with the Everyday Label punch.  Pearls finished my greeting bit.


For the box, I continued with my current favorite style of box - the box bottom peeks out from the top piece, so you can see both the patterned piece of the lid, and the color on the bottom.   I love it!


Measurements/scoring for the box pieces:

Top/Lid:  Cut designer series paper, 6 3/4" x 8".  Score each side at 1".

Bottom:  Cut card stock 7 11/16" x 8 15/16" - (that's a SMIDGE - 1/16" - under 7 3/4" x 9").  Score each side at1 1/2".

These are my basic box-making steps below.  The same steps apply for any shape box - square or rectangle.  Do this for the top and the bottom.


Here's a top view of the box, with the box topper on it.  I LOVE IT!!!   Final box was 4 3/4" x 6" x 1 1/2".  It held a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" size card inside, which I wrapped in some folded tissue paper.  It's a really decent sized box.





Retired colors used here, because that's what matched this designer series paper.

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create both the card and the box:

Stamps:  Stippled Blossoms, Merry Little Labels (both retired)
Ink:  Pink Pirouette (retiring in a few weeks), Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss (both retired)
Paper:  Riding Hood Red & Kiwi Kiss (both retired), Whisper White, Vellum card stock, mystery designer series paper with this rose pattern.
Other:  Triple Banner punch, Everyday Label punch,  Leaf punch, 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" circle punches, Pearl Basic Jewels, Tea Lace doily, Tombow Liquid glue, Stampin' Dimensionals (regular and mini), Sticky Strip, Simply Scored Scoring Board.

I hope you enjoyed these projects, and are inspired to make your own box!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!








No comments:

Post a Comment