Monday, May 7, 2018

DSP scrap card

I saw this card on FB or Pinterest recently, and had to give it a whirl.  The key to this card is using a 4" x 4" piece of designer series paper, that you cut in half - not point to point, which would leave you triangles.  Just eyeball and cut from a little bit DOWN on the right side, to a little bit UP from the left side.

Mount your two pieces of designer series paper on your card front, which leaves a lane that you can stamp in.  I had a 4" square of some retired paper handy, so I used this and an old greeting.  The doily is from last year - it was white on one side, and vanilla on the other.  I colored the white side with the Sweet Sugarplum marker. 

I also used the Sweet Sugarplum and Chocolate Chip markers to ink up the flower stamp.   Candy Dots are from the Subtles and Neutrals packs.  They matched close enough to the designer paper.

This was a test run.  I like the design, and the use of a 4" x 4" piece of designer paper.  I'll definitely use this design again.  You could cut up an entire 12" x 12" sheet, and get enough to make 9 cards in this style. 

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Love What You Do, Sassy Salutations (greeting, retired)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Tip Top Taupe (retired), Whisper White, Succulent Gardens dsp (retired)
Other:  Sweet Sugarplum & Chocolate Chip markers, doily, Candy Dots (Subtles & Neutrals)

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment