Monday, May 7, 2018

Baby Gift and Tag

I made this small afghan for my BFF, who is having a baby in less than 2 weeks.  It's the size to cover him in his car set or something like that.  I didn't measure it... but this picture shows the colors of the yarn.  That's what I used to make the tag:  Tempting Turquoise, Pool Party, and Lemon Lime Twist. 

I wanted to use the Lots of Labels Framelits, since they are retiring AND they are one of my favorites for making tags.  I layered the two largest sizes of the framelits.  Embossed the Pool Party layer with the Sparkle embossing folder.

I had a 2" Lemon Lime Twist circle laying in the mess on my desk, so I used that, and found a 2 1/4" circle of Whisper White.  Perfect!  Glued those on...  Stamped my elephant from a retired SU set, Year After Year.  I colored that little guy in with markers - same three colors - and hand-cut him.  I added a piece of Whisper White Baker's Twine, and popped him on the circles with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the "hello baby" with Lemon Lime Twist on a scrap of Whisper White card stock, and hand-cut that too.  It's so tiny.  Attached that with glue dots.


The final trick was to tie the tag on to the bag.  I have a LOT of retired ribbons, in just about every color.  I grabbed a bunch of Pool Party and some Tempting Turquoise.  When I say a bunch, I mean it.  I wanted a big-ish bow. 

I had to brighten this photo, so it may have made the colors wonky.  I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm taking pictures at midnight in my craft room, but I couldn't stand to wait to share this project.  :)


I love how it coordinates with the yarn that I used for the blanket.  Yay!!!!  I can't wait to give this to her.

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes (retiring in a few weeks!), Year After Year (already retired)
Ink:  Lemon Lime Twist, Basic Black
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Pool Party, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Lots of Labels Framelits, Sparkle embossing folder, 2" and 2 1/4" circle punches, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Pool Party/Tempting Turquoise/Lemon Lime Twist markers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow Liquid glue, glue dots, Pool Party 3/8" Stitched Satin ribbon (retired), Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon (retired).

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment