Monday, May 28, 2018

Birthday Blooms, once again

I had another one of those moments, when I found a random piece of designer series paper on my "table of joy and fun", and decided to make a card with it.  I actually found 2 strips, but this one fit on a card better.  It's from last year, but the color is still current - Calypso Coral.

So I paired my old piece of dsp with some current, and soon-to-be retiring things to make this card.

I used the Basket Weave embossing folder on the background, but I don't know how well it's showing up in the picture.

I embossed all the flower bits in black, and then colored in with my old Blendabilities markers.  I don't know if it's a reaction with the black embossing, or if I just used the darkest marker too much.  I'm leaning toward the second option, considering what a bad color-er I am.  :)  I stuck with the Calypso Coral and Old Olive alcohol markers, but they both seem very dark.  After I colored them in, I hand-cut them.  Finished them all off with Clear Wink of Stella over ALL of the flowers and leaves.  They are so nice and shimmery!



Add some fold over Old Olive Mini Chevron ribbon at the bottom, along with a tag.  I stamped the words in Mossy Meadow, since my Old Olive leaves were so dark...I figured, why not?  It looks great!  And how great is it that Mossy Meadow is coming back into the color line-up?  I LOVE it, so I'm very happy to see it come back.

Everything is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Birthday Blooms (soon to be retired!)
Ink:  Mossy Meadow, Versamark
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Succulent Gardens dsp (retired)
Other:  Big Shot, Basket Weave embossing folder, Everyday Label punch, Old Olive Mini Chevron ribbon (soon to be retired), Calypso Coral and Old Olive Blendabilities markers, Pearl Basic Jewels, Clear Wink of Stella marker, Stampin' Dimensionals, glue dots, Tombow liquid glue

I hope you're inspired to make a flowery card for someone special.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!  
 
Enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day,

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment