Monday, May 28, 2018

A Beautiful Day in Calypso Coral

I've been busy today!  I should have gotten more cleaning done, but in trying to clean up my craft "stuff", I kept getting drawn in to make some more cards.  These two used the LAST pieces of that striped designer series paper.  That's it. 

Both cards are similar design - used the striped dsp, embossed the backgrounds, added a Lots of Labels diecut from vellum, stamped/colored/hand-cut the focal image.  The butterfly and flower were stamped on Shimmery White card stock, with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I also colored in the images with my old Blendabilities markers - Calypso Coral, and Old Olive.  I got SOME shading, but I'm still not great at using the alcohol markers to their full potential.  Still turned out okay though, right?!

I cut the antennaes off the butterfly, because I just didn't feel like dealing with them.  :)  I used the Petal Burst embossing folder on the butterfly card.


On the flower card, I added some punched out leaves, and I used the Layered Leaves embossing folder on the background piece.


On both cards, I attached the die-cut Lots of Labels vellum piece with only two glue dots - top and bottom.  Then I covered up those glue dots with the pearls, so you don't see them.

Even though I used a piece of retired designer series paper, you could easily swap out for a pattern/print from YOUR stash.  I know we all have more than enough papers to choose from, right?

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create these cards:

Stamps:  A Beautiful Day
Ink:  Tuxedo black, Old Olive
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Shimmery White, Whisper White, Vellum
Other:  Big Shot, Lots of Labels framelits (retired), Layered Leaves embossing folder, Petal Burst embossing folder, Leaf punch, Calypso Coral and Old Olive Blendabilities markers, Pearl Basic Jewels, Tombow liquid glue, Glue dots, Stampin' Dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!  
 
Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment