Saturday, April 7, 2018

Happy Birthday set - pocket gift certificate

This Happy Birthday set started with the box that I made to put everything in - check that out here.  Next, I made the GIFT to go inside.  My gift is a ticket, but we'll call it a gift certificate card because you could do the same thing and stick a gift card on it.  I made a pocket with the gift certificate card that slides inside. 

First of all - do you LOVE how I decorated the front of the pocket???  I used SIX (6) different stamp sets to make this pocket and gift certificate card.  I wanted a background full of various birthday greetings, so that's what I made!  Think about how many different "Happy Birthday" greeting stamps you have - different fonts, different sizes, different styles....put them all together on one card! 

I used only 3 colors throughout my gift set - Real Red, Pacific Point, and Basic Black.


I covered up what the gift certificate is for, because it's a surprise.  :)  I used the Holiday Invitation stamp at the bottom to stamp "Where......When....." and wrote on it.

To make the POCKET, I started off with a piece of Basic Black card stock, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  Score it across the long side at 4", and 8".  That leaves a 1/2" flap to attach it together.    I came up with this particular size because I wanted it to be close to the same size as a standard card.  It's a bit more narrow, but close enough.

After you've scored the card stock, snip the ends of the flap off at a diagonal and add some Sticky Strip.   The flap will go on the INSIDE of your pocket, so you don't see it.


Turn this piece over and add another bit of Sticky Strip along the bottom.  The tape along the bottom makes the pocket, so nothing falls out.


Before you fold it all in to make the pocket, use a circle punch to nip out a 1/2 circle from whatever side will be the front of your pocket.  

Once you have your pocket made, you can make the front piece and the card that goes inside.  I forgot to write down the measurements, but it's whatever you want.  Mine ended up snugging right up to the 1/2 circle that I cut out.  Some of you may not like that it doesn't look even - the black showing at the top is larger than the other 3 sides.  I'm okay with it.  :)  

I did not pop this front piece up on the pocket.  I figured I had enough popping up with the box lid, and the card, so this didn't need any extra dimension to it. 

I did punch a 1/4" hole in the top of my gift certificate card and loop a double-length of Pacific Point ribbon through it.  That gives it a handle to pull up out of the pocket.
 

I think I'm going to make another pocket card soon, because I think they're neat!

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to make this:

Stamps:  Oh Happy Day card kit (This is the only current stamp set in this project),  RETIRED: So Happy for You, Holiday Invitation, Party Pants, Perfect Pairings, Big Day.
Ink:  Real Red, Pacific Point, Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper:  Real Red, Pacific Point, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other:  1" circle punch, 1/4' hole punch, Sticky Strip, Pacific Point 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain ribbon.

My next blog post will show the card that I made to go with this gift set.
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment