Saturday, April 7, 2018

Happy Birthday set - the card


This card finishes off my birthday set.  If you didn't see them already, check out the box that I made to hold everything, and the pocket/gift certificate card that goes inside with this card.

I know this background is very busy, but I think the grungy look matches what I was going for.   I stayed with the three colors that I used throughout the project - Real Red, Pacific Point, and Basic Black.

In addition to the busy background, I stamped some shoes and the guitar and colored them in with  Brusho Colour Crystals.  I tapped some of each color crystals on a clear block and added 2 or 3 drops of water from my Aqua painter.  Used it like a paint palette.  Color them in and heat set to dry quicker, then hand-cut them.

My focal point is a medallion made using the Everyday Label punch.  Stamp and punch out the greeting, then punch out a piece of Real Red with the same Everyday Label punch.  Criss-cross them and attach to each other.

I added a bigger flatted Soda Pop Top (from a long time ago) to the upper right corner.  I flattened it out, then stamped the Epic Celebration greeting in Tuxedo Black and punched out with a 1" circle punch.  The bottom words wouldn't fit in the punch, so I stamped them again on Real Red cardstock, hand-cut, then stuck that teeny tiny piece on top of the bottle.

The guitar got some glitz with a Wink of Stella clear pen, and then I added 2 silver metallic enamel stars.

I hope you like it!

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  ALL STAMPS are now RETIRED - Bombs Away, Gorgeous Grunge, Epic Celebrations
Ink:  Real Red, Pacific Point, Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper:  Real Red, Pacific Point, Basic Black, Whisper White, watercolor
Other:  Big Shot, Soda Pop Top (flattened), Brusho Color Crystals, Aqua Painter, Everyday Label punch, 1" circle punch, Metallic Enamel Shapes, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow Liquid Glue, Glue dots

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!
Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment