Monday, April 23, 2018

Global Design Project #130 - Sketch Challenge


I stumbled across this Sketch Challenge on Facebook.  I loved the layout, so I figured I'd give it a go.  I love a sketch challenge, because you can get completely different looks depending on the papers and stamps you use.  Here's a picture of the sketch.

 
I actually ended up making two versions.  Originally, I wanted to use the Night of Navy Corduroy ribbon, so this is my first try.  I like it, but I feel like the corduroy trim doesn't stand out very much.


I switched out the corduroy for some 5/8" Burlap, and it definitely stands out more.


Everything else was the same on both of the cards. 

I'm really getting a lot of use out of both sides of the Simple Stripes embossing folder.  On these cards, the stripes are popping up.

The designer series paper layers are 2 3/4" x 4".  You could go smaller if you wanted.

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create these:

Stamps:  Swirly Bird, Large Letters, Picture Perfect Birthday
Ink:  Night of Navy, Tranquil Tide, Early Espresso
Paper:  Night of Navy, Tranquil Tide, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, True Gentlemen designer series paper
Other:  Big Shot, Large Letters thinlits, Simple Stripes embossing folder, 2" circle punch, Classic Label punch, 5/8" Burlap ribbon, Night of Navy 3/8" Corduroy Ribbon, Linen Thread (for the kite tail), Stampin' Dimensionals (regular AND mini), Tombow liquid glue, Glue dots

I hope you enjoyed my sketch challenge creations.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

#GDP130

No comments:

Post a Comment