Saturday, January 6, 2018

Epic birthday

Another birthday coming up for a friend next week.  I wanted an orange and black card with these Chuck Taylors, so I used this opportunity to play with the Brusho Crystal Colour powders some more.


After I made my Brusho background, I used my heat tool to dry it completely.  I didn't want to wait overnight for it to dry on it's own.  The only thing that I really don't like about watercolor paper is that it's not a nice, flat, smooth surface.  It gets so warped from the water.  :(  I had to use a lot of Fast Fuse to adhere it to the Basic Black layer.


Here it is before I stamped on it.  Because the watercolor paper is NOT smooth or flat, you really need to ink up your stamps very well.  If you have a stamp positioning tool, like the Misti or the coming-soon Stamparatus, that would definitely help in this situation.  If you didn't get the image inked up and stamped well enough, you just reink and your image will go in the exact same spot.

Another tip for you - when I add ribbon like this, I will often times fold it over and staple it in the middle.  Attach the stapled ribbon to your card using Glue Dots.  That way I'm not adding the bulk of a knot to the front of my card if I'm going to cover up that part anyway.  I can easily add something over top of my ribbon using Dimensionals.  That's exactly what I did here.


You may also notice that my shoes are colored in.  I went back and used my Pumpkin Pie marker to color in the shoes.  You know, I would love a pair of orange Chucks, even though I don't have much in my wardrobe to match them.

I had fun making this card, and I hope you've enjoyed it.

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Epic Celebrations (Sale-a-Bration 2018)
Ink:  Basic Black archival, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White, Watercolor
Other:  Brusho Crystal Colour, Aqua Painter, Spritzer bottle (filled with water), 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle punches, Pumpkin Pie marker, Pumpkin Pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (retired), stapler, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment