Friday, December 22, 2017

25 Days of Christmas 2017 - Day 22


Thanks for coming back for Day 21 of my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 ideas challenge.  Today I'm sharing my last "gift card" idea.  Different ways to package and gift a gift card.  Today I'm using a can!  Something that has a pop-top lid.

Yes, a can.  This one was a can of peas before I transformed it into a gift card holder.


 Cut the lid off with a Pampered Chef can opener.  This cuts around the lid, and leaves a nice smooth edge - no cutting your fingers!  Thoroughly wash and dry your can.  Put your gift card in the middle, and fill with candy, paper shred, dried beans...whatever you want. 


Once you have everything inside, use Crystal Effects (or Superglue) to glue the lid back on to your can.  Press the lid down, and hold in place for a few minutes.  I did try this step with Tombow Liquid Glue at first.  It doesn't hold well.

Once dried, wrap a piece of designer series paper around the can, and attach with strong adhesive.  I use Sticky Strip (or red-line tape).  The paper size depends on your can.  Mine needed a piece 4 1/16" x 9 1/2".   Measure your can!

To make this simple tag, I stamped the greeting and punched it out with the Everyday Label punch.  I then used the same punch on a piece of Early Espresso card stock.



Criss-cross the pieces and attach to each other to make a medallion sort of piece.

 

Punch a hole at the top, add some Faceted Gems to the sides, and hang it with some Linen Thread.  I wrapped Jute Twine around the entire can, and hung this tag to it.  

Whoever you give this to will love popping the lid off the can to get to their treat.  This is a one-time use item...once the lid is popped, it's done.  You can still use the can for a pencil holder or something.

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Merry Little Labels
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Early Espresso, Whisper White, Be Merry designer series paper
Other:  Everyday Label punch, Jute Twine, Linen Thread, 1/8" hole punch, Faceted Gems Gold, empty vegetable can.
 
This was my last gift card idea for this season.  Thanks for checking out Day 22 of my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 challenge!

Happy stamping,

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment