Sunday, June 18, 2017

Remarkable coloring job

I had the idea for these colors together about a week ago, and finally got some time to put something together.  Colors are Fresh Fig (base card), Rich Razzleberry (middle layer), and Lemon Lime Twist (layer).

I wanted a lot of different textures with this card, so I embossed each layer with a different folder.  Polka Dots Basics on the Rich Razzleberry layer (which BARELY shows up), and Layered Leaves on the Lemon Lime Twist layer.

I roughed up both of my layer pieces.  In fact, I ended up crunching up the Lemon Lime Twist layer after I embossed it and roughed up the edges.  Crunching it up actually made the leaves disappear, so I ran the piece through the embossing folder again.  It smoothed it out!  The edges were still pretty malleable, so I just had to messy them up a little bit.


Look at all that dimension and layering.  It's just what I wanted with this card!

The coloring is with ink refills and Aqua Painters on Shimmery White cardstock.  Let it dry, then cut it out by hand.  All this fussy cutting is NOT my favorite thing, but I had to do it.  I love how it turned out!

I used some of the new Mini Stampin' Dimensionals on this project as well.  Look at how tiny they are.  This picture has one on the back of the teeny leaf that is on the FLOWER cut-out piece.  Look how small that thing is!


I hope you enjoy this card.  It definitely took me more than 5 minutes to make, but I love the end result.

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Remarkable You, Basket of Wishes
Ink:  Basic Black Archival, Fresh Fig, Fresh Fig and Lemon Lime Twist ink refills
Paper:  Fresh Fig, Rich Razzleberry, Lemon Lime Twist, Shimmery White
Other:  Big Shot, Layering Leaves and Polka Dot Basics embossing folders, Aqua Painters, 5/8" Burlap ribbon, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals (regular and Mini), Tombow Liquid Glue, bone folder.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment