Sunday, June 18, 2017

Re-cycle plastic tub


If you're like me, you HATE to throw these tubs away....but I usually do.  I always think, what do I need another container for?  Then I have all these doo-dads and things all over my stamp table, and I wish I had a container.  So I decided to doll this one up with some WASHI Tape!

I started at the top of the container and wound the washi tape around.  Because the container is tapered, and not perfectly straight up and down, you'll get some bubbles.  You could cut it a little, but I chose to just smash my wrinkles down. 

This is not a Picasso, so not-quite-perfect is fine for this project!


I did start and stop each new row of washi tape but cutting it.  At first I thought I would just wrap one tape around the whole thing, dragging it down to the next row.  That didn't work out. 

When I got to the end, of course I need to do something with the top.  Instead of going to the trouble of getting out my favorite circle cutting system, I traced the BOTTOM of the tub on Basic Black card stock, and cut around the outside of my pencil mark.   It fits just perfectly on the lid, to cover up the print.


Notice how you can see through the clear parts of the washi tape and see the color underneath?  It bothered me for about 3 seconds.  Then I didn't care.  It's a bucket to hold stuff...I'm not going to worry about colors peeking through.


For my very top layer, I used a scrap of Glossy cardstock and some Lemon Lime Twist.  I love this color!  The Lemon Lime Twist scallop is the very largest scallop in the Layering Circles framelits.

I did have some more slippage when I stamped the words on the glossy, so I'll really have to practice some more with this.  I do love the glossy paper though. 

It took me more time to take pictures of each step, and edit these photos, than it did to actually make the thing. 

Give it a try!  I bet we all have some really cool washi tape that's just waiting to be used.

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Colorful Seasons
Ink:  Basic Black Archival, Lemon Lime Twist
Paper:  Basic Black, Lemon Lime Twist, Glossy White
Other:  Big Shot, Layering Circles framelits, Pick a Pattern washi tape, Tombow Liquid glue.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment