Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Oh Happy Day Card kit

WOW, wow, wow!  I spent Saturday working on my new Oh Happy Day Card Kit, and man oh man - I LOVE it!  This is the box when I opened it up.  Notice that you get a clear block (it's kind of thick too, a good size), stamps (that I ripped out first), an Archival Basic Black ink spot, all the card pieces, doo-dads, envelopes, and instructions.  All in a nice box!

THIS is what I made - the kit contains 20 different cards, in 4 different sizes.  I DID use some different stamp sets, because...let's face it, I have a bunch to choose from. 
Look at these bright colors, and patterns that are not in any of the other papers.  Little matchbook cards, regular size cards, note cards...bright fun colors!

More fun!  I also used some matching ink colors - Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay.

I love the little heart shaped cards!  They open up like this -

All in all, I truly loved playing with this kit, and I love all of the cards that I made with it.  I only had a few bits and pieces of things left that I may have left off of a card by accident, so I can say that I really used it all up.

Love, love, love this kit!  It definitely gets a thumbs up from me.  And...another post coming next - I discovered a pretty shocking difference between the Archival Basic Black ink pad (that I've had for over a year and obviously haven't used), and the Memento Tuxedo Black (that has been my go-to Black for years).  More on that...

You may also be wondering how long it took me to make all 20 of these cards.  I didn't time myself, to be exact, but it was about 5 hours.  That being said, a good 45 minutes of that was separating all of the kit contents.  I made piles of 5 cards at a time, with all the bits & pieces needed to do those cards.  It's either hunt through everything one card at a time, or do it all up front.  I much prefer to separate and sort up front.  I feel like it saves me time in the long run.

Hope you enjoyed looking at my cards!

Order your very own Oh Happy Day Card Kit on-line here.

Happy Stamping!

Toni


No comments:

Post a Comment